Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nothing of Importance

I'm still here. Nothing exciting happening though. It's been about 3 weeks I guess since I stopped expanding. There might be a small difference but I'll have to take a picture tonight to be sure.

Last Friday I hit a wall of sorts. It was the cheeseburger wall. As helpful as the soup was it just wasn't cutting it any longer. I had to bite into a burger. I might be addicted, Jughead style. At any rate I discovered come pain or discomfort I can eat a McDonald's Double Cheeseburger. And if I can eat one, I can eat three. Granted, this is the bottom of the Burger Bell Jar but I'll take what I can get. Come new years you'd better believe I'm gonna lay into a fat sirloin burger smothered in provolone and mushrooms from one of my favorite hole-in-the-wall establishments.

I'm not sure that I've deliberately broken any of my surgeons rules. He was very vague about the chewing/no chewing. I think he said I wouldn't "be able" to chew anything until the new year. There was no mention of soft foods easing back in at any point. I'm not sure I care. He's a great doctor and I trust him, I'm just really stubborn. Wait till I ask him when I can start playing hockey again ;)

I'm going back to the east coast tomorrow for the holidays. I'll try to post a picture before I leave. I wonder if I could pry my old ortho records out of my former OD. That'd be fun for everyone.

9 comments:

Leah said...

hey...you gotta eat...as long as your mouth can handle it then it should be ok. i ate on thanksgiving and nothing was blended...
what part of the east coast are you going to?

chris k said...

Yeah I skated by with mashed potatoes and the like. I'll be in the DC area.

Jen said...

I have resorted to eating baby food. Taste ok. but now I'm starting to go ga ga. Recommend the apple custard.

laura said...

I wondered about that. Whether you have to eat soft foods for weeks because you can't eat anything else, or because the surgeon says so. If it's the latter, I'm going to have a hard time following instructions. Surely as long as it doesn't hurt too much it's ok.

Michelle said...

Have a great trip. I live on the East Coast, NH. We have been hammered by snow lately.

Take it easy and enjoy those burgers!

Lars said...

thanks :D i dont know, i read some stories on the yahoo support group about ppl hating their face. for me, i am more concerned about my bite, which shoul d be the case i think.. how long did you wait before you went back to work/school? any suggestions for yummy recipes?

Anonymous said...

I read that playing hockey helps to heal jaw surgery. Yes, I read that. In a book. Titled something or other.

Erin said...

Haha, you are funny. You had a very good sense of humor at the hospital I see from your pictures!

Michelle said...

Happy New Year Chris, its time for an update, how the heck are ya?