Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Orthodontics and Hockey

I don't see how anyone can see this combination as anything but the will of The Almighty. They go together like first graders and paste.

We had a team meeting for my Europe trip this weekend. There will be 10 skaters plus a goalie on the team and there will be 10 NON-players coming along too. Cool. Fans in the stands thousands of miles from home. Our goalie is also wired and one of our non-players I noticed has a giant gap in her teeth. Sure enough, as she was talking I saw flashes of the bands on her top molars for her expander. Bingo! SARPE victim! So we got to talking after the business stuff was done and she's a bit behind me in the process. She just finished expanding and she'll have her wires on right before the trip. I hope it doesn't hinder her bratwurst eating ability. She said they had to expand her so much that she needed a second expander made after she maxed out the first one! I'm realizing more and more I might have gotten off easy.

3 comments:

Shontelly said...

Wow. It just seems like more and more people are getting these jaw surgeries doesn't it? weird. Maybe I'm just noticing because I'm going through it myself.. I donno.

Steph & Steve G said...

you have found a happy little 'family' :)

Michelle said...

A second expander, holy moly. Do you know how many mm she has expanded? I can't fathom the idea of wearing that thing ever again. The hockey sounds like fun!