Friday, November 7, 2008

You're Very Welcome

To Susan, Ute, and everyone else who has said, "thanks for the blog." That's why I started it and I'm glad it's helping out. But I'll also say that I never would have guessed the amount of support I've gotten from complete strangers as well. So if you're reading this and thinking to your self, "Self, I'm glad I've read this fine publication. I feel ready to take on this challenge," you might want to swallow the pride, post some pictures, (we all know how awful they feel don't worry, you're in the most sympathetic company) and spread your story too. It's a great way to keep track of progress, timewise and picturewise; you make new friends; and it'll keep your family informed.
Meanwhile, I'll be checking in with Dr.Styrt next week. Tuesday I think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,
You know, back when I was like you (pre-op, 3 days ago), I thought I'd be happy to put up all sorts of scary pictures of myself. Now that I know what I look like post-op, I'm not so sure other people want to see!

You're totally right about people being incredibly supportive - we've all got great personal tips to share too (mine today is coconut milk... fatty and delicious).

I might put up some scary post-op stuff soon, so check http://susanfsu.wordpress.com

Foxface said...

Will do. For now, my story resides on the metal mouth message board (http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=28262), but there's a blog in the offing.

Foxface said...

Aaand it's done: http://foxfacebite.blogspot.com/2008/11/meet-foxface.html. Thanks for the suggestion, I've always wanted to get in on this. All the cool kids in ortholand are doing it, after all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
I had my expansion in August 2008. I have to tell you that I have been through alot of changes. You look great. What a difference. I just got my braces on yesterday and I dont like the way that they look. I guess that I will have to get used to it. Thanks for your blog it has been a great help.
Michelle

ttrombecky said...

Hey...it's been a while...no updates???