Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Won't Be a Pearly White Christmas

So I got the Super-dee-duper green light about the space for the implant yesterday along with a new rubberband orientation. My bite gets closer and closer with every change so that's nice to see. I'm on for the implantation Thursday morning, got my ride all sorted, but The Chainsaw never mentioned anything about pain killers for afterwards. I think I'm gonna call and check on that today. My next ortho appointment is scheduled for (unfortunately) after the new year. So no debracing for Christmas. *shrug* I wasn't really expecting it to happen. I'm hoping I'll be able to take the day off work Thursday (the procedure is at 9am), rest up, and get back to work on Friday.

Anyone think I'm crazy?

6 comments:

Wendylee said...

Thank you for sharing this with me. I am 32/F and I am about to have the Sarpe done for upper and lower jaw I saw your pictures they where interesting and helpful. Is there anything that you think I should do or not do to prepare for this and how long did you stay in the hospital? Thanks in advance for any tips you may have.

Wendy- NYC

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris-- where are your pics?? Looking forward to seeing the "new" you! :)

Jennifer, Davenport IA said...

Hey Chris, I've been following your progress...I started my journey the same time as you (SARPE Dec/07) I opted out of the lower jaw (too wussy) but have to say I'm ecstatic with the results. And lucky enough to get my braces off 12 months early. Can't wait to see the new you!

kell said...

always babe. always.

kell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ttrombecky said...

Be gentle with yourself. I'm so glad you have a mom there to ask the hard questions too. Taking Friday off may be wise, but it is your call. You know how I feel.