Friday, September 28, 2007

A Meal in the Life

I'm really surprised at how interested people have gotten in my weight-gaining endeavor. Everyone at work knows about it and asks how its going. I've even gotten a few compliments from people who aren't in the know, which is definite incentive to keep pushing. When I grabbed my new favorite snack off the lunch truck today (Vanilla Zingers) one of my good friends made a crack about treating myself lately and we got to talking about how much I actually am eating and if gorging myself was actually working. With the explanation that I was also working out religiously I think I got him to understand that yes, it actually was working. And so, along that vein, I thought I'd share with you a few examples of what I eat during the day.

WARNING: The following is not for the faint of stomach or jealous of nature.

Example #1- Breakfast- Chocolate Protein Bar
Brie and Pesto sandwich
Lunch- Grilled Cheese sandwich
Coke
Exercise- Ice Hockey Game
Dinner- Cheeseburgers (3)
Butterfinger Pie
Vanilla Protein Shake

Example #2- Breakfast- None
Lunch- Sushi- Pizza Roll, Philly Roll, Tuna Sashimi, Yellowtail Sashimi
Large Asahi
Small Sake
Exercise- None, day off
Dinner- Endless Shrimp at Red Lobster- Caesar Salad, Broccoli, one order each of Popcorn shrimp, Scampi shrimp, Buffalo shrimp, Breaded shrimp
Bar- Irish Coffee w/whipped cream
After Bar- Sourdough burger
Cheesecake slice

Granted, these are some of the more grand forays into the culinary world, but it paints the picture. To be fair to the other part of the equation this is what my exercise routine is like:

Chest Press
Bicep Curl
Tricep Extension
Lat Pulldown
Inclined Bench Press
Military Press
Squats
Leg Extension
Leg Curl
Crunches

Every other day, no lifting if I have hockey that day.

It's not a very precise or focused workout. Very general. Get everything done all around. But I haven't gotten bored yet or hit a plateau which is nice. I think being able to see progress every day (even if only by a couple pounds) keeps me motivated.

So that's what my life has been like lately. Sorry I don't have any good ortho news. Still just watching the days pass by until things get picked back up again. I get my spacers put back in October 24th so you'll have to hear about my phys ed program until then.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Oh. My. God. Haha.

Isn't it funny that guys want to get bigger and girls want to get smaller? (Well, not in all cases of course.)

Eat some Krispy Kremes for me.

kell said...

I missed you tonight. I dont exactly know why but I just did. Maybe it was all the talk about going to Mexico and explaining how I could leave San Diego (two favorite subjects so far with everyone here). Then I read this blog and it just hits me more. This is so much like you...it just makes me smile. I did have a drink for you tonight. Lots and lots of them. bye bye week 2! I'm just glad that you still get to play hockey and eat sushi. :)

Michelle said...

Wow, Im jealous of your diet. I guess you will just have to post updated body pics, hehehe!

Shontelly said...

"Jealous of nature" over here!!! Geez..

APPLE PIE! Must eat apple pie for me!!

Spacers suck. Good luck with those. I have to admit, that was the worse part of my entire ordeal thus far!! lol

Anonymous said...

were you switched at the hospital??!! fer cryin' out loud...

CecileQP said...

Bastard. LOL Just kidding. I guess it's different for girls than guys. Here I am trying to lose weight and you're trying to pack it on. I was just google-ing results for braces and came upon your blog and felt an affinity to you for several reasons. 1) I'm also 27. 2) decided to get braces. . mine are being applied the 7th of November. and 3) I also live in SD. Nice to know I'm not alone out there. I do say I am kinda freaked out about the whole ordeal despite my initial enthusiasm when making this decision. Good luck with your experience!