Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Face Time with The Chainsaw

I had a follow-up with Dr.Tawfilis today and while he didn't really tell me much that we hadn't already talked about it did reaffirm that I do in fact know what's going on. Not once did he mention a BSSO so I imagine someone just got a little confused or misinterpreted his notes or something like that. I asked him to explain in more detail what exactly he'd be doing in there. The words 'saw' and 'chisel' came up and despite my distaste for medical situations and discussion I actually found myself very intrigued and excited about the whole thing. He said I wouldn't actually start expanding until after one full week, twice a day. Sounds a little different than other people's treatment schedule but just like any profession doctors clearly have they own preferences on how to do things. I subtly reminded him that he'd be taking out my wisdom teeth at the same time by asking whether that would happen before or after the skull chiseling. (Before, it's hard to pull teeth with jaw pieces flapping around loose.) So that's about it. I've got all my spacer and cleaning and expander cementing appointments set up and it'll all be here before I know it.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My turning was the same....He turned it during surgery like 10 or 12 times, then I waited a week. At my 1 week visit, he turned it 3 times and then I continued 2 a day until the GAP was where he wanted it.
Oh yeah, your TURN is coming..no pun intended!