Monday, August 27, 2007

Date

Yay Veronica! October 20th it is. At 7:20am I'll be out like a light and The Chainsaw will be doing his thing. Two months away seems like awhile but considering work and my family's availability to take care of my sorry ass I'll just have to suck it up and be patient. I'm thinking I will take out my spacers and just have them put back in since it is going to be so far out. I guess I'd rather get re-used to them than go that long without flossing and little chicken and beef chunks rotting away in my gums. I'll be getting my four wisdom teeth out at the same time so I should be plenty swollen, plenty sore, and plenty drugged. Could be worse, I could be on fire.

Here's a question for those of you hip on the lingo, Veronica said I was up for a BSSRO (bilateral sagittal split ramus osteotomy.) Now from a little googling it seems that this is basically the same thing as a BSSO (ramus just means 'bone' apparently) but all the cases I can find have been mandibular. I'm more of the maxillary flavor as I understand it. Am I missing something?

I'm almost part of the club guys!

3 comments:

amycq said...

I went back and read some of your previous posts because I couldn't remember all you were having done! BSSO is for the lower jaw, yeah.

So are you are having the SARPE for the upper and a BSSO for your lower? Or did they decide that the lower does not need to be advanced?

I know with my case at first I was going to have the LeFort I AND BSSO. But then after the braces were all set, I didn't need the BSSO because once they raised my upper jaw it allowed the lower to swing forward enough that I wouldn't need it. But, I too, would still have a deficient chin so I opted to do the Genioplasty at the same time.

kell said...

I'm really happy for you. Thats right after my b-day...and I'm sure you could be taking a medical school test like I'll probably be doing!?! Not much better I think. I might rather be knocked out and on drugs! Just kidding...I know its gonna be tough but thats how you get through hockey right...you're tougher. Let people take care you for once. I just wish i could :)

Shontelly said...

LOL Your funny.. I don't even try to get technical in fear I'd use the words wrong and sound like an ass. K.. gonna catch up now ..