Friday, August 17, 2007

If You Want Something Done Right

Hey everyone. I'm home safe and well. And while I am happy to be back home I'd be lying if said I wouldn't rather still be in South America. It was pretty amazing. For anyone who enjoys skiing/boarding, eating great food, drinking better wine, and meeting essentially wonderful people I highly recommend the skinny country to the south.

Now on to more pertinent subjects. I did manage to chew through two spacers while I was out. Both from the same place. The distal on the left side tends to stick down lower than the rest so I kinda knarl it up when I chew things. Eventually it just gets worn down and breaks. Who knew.

I was hoping to come back to a voicemail from The Chainsaw telling me my surgery date. I was welcomed by no such message. (Strangely, I had zero voicemails and zero texts. Odd I think) So I checked up on them today and Kim told me they had not yet received approval from insurance. She gave me their number and said I could shake the tree if I wanted. Yes, please. Me likey shakey.

I gave them a ring and lo and behold, they have not received a request for any operation. I call back Kim and let her know and hopefully this will be squared away soon. I'll be checking up on them again tomorrow just in case.

I was starting to feel a little bad about bugging Kim so much about when I'd get a date but now I see that It's not a bad thing to be as proactive as possible if you want things to get done.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

You are having surgery before braces?

chris k said...

Yeah, the SARPE will be first. Then braces after it has healed.

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.