Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Patience

Ok so I may have gotten a little ahead of myself. I got a call from Kim at Dr.Tawfilis' office and she basically said that my proposed surgery date is rather unrealistic. They're looking at another 3-4 weeks to get insurance approval and another 3-4 weeks for a hospital opening. Granted, I knew setting up my ortho appointments was a bit on the rash side but I was hoping for the best. I guess I just got excited because if everything went according to my plan it would fit perfectly into my work schedule and this and that...

And now I know that surgery is an awful mistress who will do as she pleases, when she pleases.

So I guess I'll just keep my spacers in for awhile so I don't have to get re-used to them. I'll postpone the cementing of the I-make-food-impossible-to-eat device and wait.

At least I won't be stressing about it on my trip.

3 comments:

amycq said...

I know how you feel. I had surgery dangled in front of me about 2 or 3 times. It's frustrating but it will happen! Plus you don't want to rush into it. Make sure all your ducks are in a row first...especially when it comes to insurance companies!

cornelia said...

Thanks for the comments Chris, i seem to have days where i regret it and days were im really pleased but in the end i think its all been worth it! Its a shame your waiting is dragging out so long, hopefuly it wont be too much longer though. I was just wondering how u add people to your page? (links of there blogs)

cornelia said...

Thanks :) ive added you