Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Surprise!

After looking at my schedule to figure out when I want to start this saga I found a good week after I get back from holiday and called Wonderful Jessica to set something up. I want to do everything I can to be ready to hit the ground running when I come back. As I figured, getting the RPE cemented will take a few appointments. One to get some spacers in, a second to fit the RPE and a third to actually plant it in there. She had time this afternoon to get the spacers in. I didn't have anything better to do and the sooner I get used to them the less annoying they'll be in Chile. Next week I'll get fitted. Then I'll fly 15 hours for some snowboarding and wine. Then on the 20th of August I'll get geared up for a hopeful surgery on the 22nd or shortly thereafter. Things have been going swimmingly so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's good to be good, it's better to be lucky.

So it has begun. I've got spacers on my upper 6's and I'm ready to rumble.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ooooh, spacers hurt! Are you sure you want to have them in while you are traveling? Although it's really only painful the first few days, then it's just annoying. ;)