Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hitting the Bag

For someone who gets pretty squirmy around dentists I've gotten pretty good at regular cleanings. Sure it hurts sometimes but I can usually grit through it. And now that I've become very intimate with the spacer situation I can grind down a burger or two for the good of the cause despite the tenderness. But let me tell you, having a cleaning the day after getting spacers in is no picnic. I felt like Rocky's side of meat as he's giving it the business. Do yourself the favor and make sure your last pre-op or pre-brace cleaning is either a few days after the spacers, or the day before. That's a nickels worth of free advice my friends.

In other news, the fires are dying down and my family got to go back to their respective homes yesterday. I don't think I'll have to be postponed afterall (knock on wood). Makes for dramatic reading though, ¿quĂ© no? Thanks again for the thoughts.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, don't remind me of the spacer pain!! I'll be getting spacers Nov. 6th for the bottom braces on the 13th. I hate that part of the process. See, I'm post SARPE and it's the spacers I remember!!

Aimee said...

For some reason I didn't have to have spacers put in. They didn't put any bands around my teeth, maybe that's why.
Good luck and am glad to hear the fires didn't damage your family's homes!

Michelle said...

So Chris, How are you doing? Only a few more days until surgery day.
I am sure all will go well. Keep us all posted, we'll be anxiously awaiting your post surgery pictures and post!

Good luck!!

bridget said...

Chris! Glad to hear about your family.

From what I read when I was starting in on "fatkins", it's normal to hit a plateau where you keep eating but stop gaining weight - at that point, you just have to up the intake that much more. Which is I think where my plan went awry. Which is why I've switched over to pie. Lots of pie. Good luck!