Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Last Supper

After some prodding from a friend of mine I decided at the last minute to have a celebratory last supper before surgery. I guess I knew I would do something like this but hadn't been nailed down and it's been a busy week. When pressed I realised that last night would be the best time for it as I get my expander put in later this morning. So I had a small dinner with close friends at a little place called Fleming's Prime Steakhouse.

I ate 24 oz. of unadulterated Porterhouse fury.

It. Was. Amazing. They certainly give Ruth's Chris a run for their money. I brought my two favorite wines from Chile, a vanilla-y Cabernet Sauvignon and a leathery Malbec. They worked very well with the slabs of heaven upon our plates. I meant to take pictures of the event but forgot my camera. Shoot. Anyway it was a great time. I love a nice dining experience with good friends.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Mmmmm! I love a good steak!