Monday, July 27, 2009

Week 2 Checkup

Visited with The Chainsaw today (he was in an unusually "playful" mood today which was both comforting and strange at the same time.) He removed the rubberbands (somewhere between 15-20 of them?) and had me brush my teeth with my brand new baby toothbrush with little duckies on it. Though it was a bit uncomfortable being unbanded at first so I had to take my time. My jaw didn't fall open from lack of use like I had imagined. Quite the opposite. Using the muscles again to slowly open my mouth was like trying to benchpress an empty bar when you've never lifted before. It's not that it's too much weight, but the muscles aren't exactly sure what they're supposed to be doing so it's kinda shaky and awkward. But brushing is very nice. I know my breath was startin' to kick like Long Beach at low tide. A smile did creep over my face a couple times thinking about how cool it is that my teeth actually come together now. He put four bands back on the sides but the front is clear for me to stare at how nice my bite finally is. This will be our routine for the next four weeks, then physical therapy.
I've decided to go back to work next Monday. If things were dire I think I could have done at least half days after day 11 or so. But also know that talking isn't a huge part of my job. If it were, well, I would probably wait until week 4 or later. I can talk, it's just not clear, strong, or pretty.

1 comment:

ttrombecky said...

Pictures! I want pictures!

Show me how well you're doing...

:o)