Thursday, July 23, 2009

What's Going On

Not a lot really. I'm off the pain meds and sleeping through the night now. A stitch came out the other day. My lips are still super tingly getting their feeling back and my right cheek is still pretty numb. Most people wouldn't be able to notice the little swelling that's left. I'm able to speak with minimal clarity but it's better than having to write everything down. I had lost about 10lbs @ 175 but I'm close to breaking 180 already. 185 is a normal weight for me. Two big bowls of soup and two calorie packed shakes a day are doing the trick. I'm coming up on the end of my second week off work and have two more to go but I might get some work to bring home this weekend. I go in for a follow-up on Monday whence I'm supposed to be able to brush my teeth once and have the gazillion rubber bands in mouth reduced to four or six. I'd really like to be able to open my mouth. I'm not sick of the blenderized food yet* but drinking through a syringe is very tedious.

*I discovered that blueberry muffins and two-day old glazed donuts blended in milk make an amazing breakfast treat.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

I am SO trying your blueberry muffins and milk... sounds delicious :)

I am really jealous of your sleeping through the night. I'm down to only waking up once or twice, but just can't make it! :)