Wednesday, June 20, 2007

ENT

Moving right along, the snow has melted (in San DIego) and the birds are singing. It's the end of May and finally time to meet my ENT. I got a notice to report for jury duty the day before my appointment. I can only imagine that with Murphy on my side I'd get chosen and have to wait another three months. So obviously I moved the jury duty back. Way easier than I thought. Dr. Michael Keefe is very nice. I got a weird feeling in his exam room as he clearly make his bread and butter on cosmetic plastic surgery. I've never been a fan of changing your appearance just because you didn't like it. Now we could go into a whole discussion on why I feel this way and how some might say it's because I don't feel happy about my own appearance blah blah blah. But we'll save that for another post.

Anyway, Dr.Keefe seemed to have been down the orthognathic road before and gave me a list of things to send to the insurance people (letter from ortho, x-rays, etc.) In addition, he said, and I quote, that my septum "shanked to the right" and that I have "HUGE turbinates." Very technical stuff here. But it goes along with the not-as-easy-as-it-should-be breathing issue. He said they might be able to take care of that all in one shot along with the jaw surgery but they'd have to see how things pan out. Another little peak into my insurance packet and again, as long as it's "Medically Necessary" nasal surgery also is covered. I'm starting to wonder if by "covered" they really mean "75% covered" or "50% covered" We shall see I guess.

So I gave the list of things Dr.Keefe gave me right to Wonderful Jessica and she's taking care of it. I got people.

No comments: