Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Let's See What We Have Here

How about some pictures? Is it sick that those of us in like situations really appreciate these awfully uncomplimentary photographic records of our mouths? Or worse yet, am I the only one? Oh well.


Remember that open bite I was telling you about? Check it out. You could train a lion to jump through that thing.


A view from the left.





And a view from the right. Notice the lack of molar? Let's go to the lower arch for a better look.




There we go. Yup. No tooth there. This is one of the big issues to be dealt with. The second might not be as noticable unless you're a dentistry student. There are actually 5 teeth missing from my mouth. That one gap there and an entire set of molars (number 4s? Just outside of the bicuspids.) I had those taken out when I got braces the first time. What's the issue you say? Well. It's not as noticeable because I've got a set to replace them in quantity. That's right. Look deep and you'll see wisdom teeth. So I don't know if I'll need to have those pulled ultimately or what. We shall see. Oh, I'll tell you about that 5th missing tooth later. It makes for a great story.


Ah the upper arch. It used to be much worse. I'll try to pry some records out of my old orthodontists. That'll be interesting.





Lateral Ceph. The funny thing here is, from this x-ray you'd think I've got a chin pointier than a crescent moon. Such is not the case.





4 comments:

chevyluvs112 said...

OMG! You are in the same situation that I am in. My pictures look exactly like yours but mine was self inflicted, I sucked my thumb for years! I just recently received my brace along with this medival pallate expander, in other words a mouth full of metal. I hope I can get my surgery date and find out how much my insurance company will pay for! You are right when you say "covered" how much does that really mean!

Michelle said...

It is funny how we look at such pictures soooo differently. The amazing part is watching the change over time. It is just amazing what they can do these days. Even though I am still sporting a gap, I am sooo happy with what has been going on in the ole mouth! Well hope things start moving quickly for you!

cornelia said...

Wow your teeth were very similar to mine! I also had an open bite aswell as overbite.How many weeks post op are you now?, im 4 weeks 2morrow! http://chpmy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.