Monday, June 18, 2007

Shopping Around #2

It's time to go see the ortho that Dr. Misleh recommended. I'm not going to tell you his name because I don't want anyone to think he's a bad doctor, just wasn't right for me. Let's just call him Dr. Crowe.

Dr. Crowe's office is located in a small medical complex where a lot of doctors have their practice. A Medical Strip Mall of sorts. One could reasonably get their braces tightened, warts lanced, hair permanently removed, and relax for a spot of accupuncture all in an afternoon while only having to park your car once. As wonderfully odd as that visual may be, it didn't bother me as my first ortho in middle school occupied the same sort of facility.

The consultation went very much the same way as with Dr. Styrt with the exception of some details. Dr. Crowe needed to use a measuring device to determine my midline deviation etc. Once or twice he was interrupted to show one of the girls at the desk some paperwork or other. Maybe she was new. I don't rightly know. And lastly his quote had to get worked up and was eventually emailed to me. All in all yes I would have felt fine having the work done there. But I felt that with the surgical ramifications of my treatment Dr.Styrt's office would be able to take care of me better.

Dr.Styrt is about 30% more expensive than Dr.Crowe, but already they've been handing all the insurance stuff which is well worth it.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Trusting your gut is good, as is shopping around. I should have done more of that (as I ended up having to switch orthodontists mid-way through). If things seem "off" then go with that. Well, that one didn't seem off, I guess, but you got a much better feeling at the other office. Sounds like you're making the right choice.