Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Process

Now that I've come to terms with this procedure it's time to get the wheels spinning. Jessica, my wonderful treatment coordinator, told me I have to do three things in order. 1)See my Primary Care Physician to get a referral to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor. 2) See the Ear Nose and Throat doctor to get a referral to an Oral Surgeon. 3) See Oral Surgeon to nail down the details of what I need done. After all that and with a little research of my own I found that as long as it is found "Medically Necessary" my insurance will cover the surgery. Ok go.

Getting an appointment to my PCP was no problem. She's a very nice lady who knew little about orthognathic surgery. With my x-rays and consultation papers in hand she saw I was prepared and was more than happy to give me a referral to one of the network's ENTs. I figured, "Cool, about a week's time from seeing my ortho to seeing my PCP. Between the ENT and the OS I should be in braces by March."

Apparently I'm not so good at figuring.

The earliest appointment I could get with the ENT was three months away. Despite bugging their receptionists everyday for a week or two and getting on their "short-notice-will-call-wait-list" I still had to wait it out. Wait. Wait. Wait.

No comments: