Monday, November 19, 2007

Check, Check, Double-Check

Last time I saw The Chainsaw he said he wanted to see me before Dr.Styrt did to check on my expanding progress.

So I slipped in for a early appointment with him this morning to give him a gander at my ever-increasing ghetto-fabulousness. He basically said I've healed really well and that I was ready to be passed on to Dr.Styrt's care until the next surgery. I'll see Dr.Tawfilis again in 6 weeks to make sure everything is healed for real (no foolsies) after the expansion is done. I asked when I could start lifting again and he said I could go easy now but any over exertion will lead to broken blood vessels, soreness, and re-swelling. So I'll go easy until the new year I think. It'll be nice to ease back into it anyway.

And off I whisked (can one whisk or does one have to BE whisked?) off to see Dr.Styrt. And this, I think, is a great indicator of how well I know my body and it's healing capabilities. I lie down in the chair and he takes a peak inside.
Checks my file.
Looks again, and says, "So did you have the surgery on the 3rd?"
("No I always look like a field goal post.) "Yup, I did," I said.

"Wow. You healed really quickly."

Bam. No sweat. I thought that was cool.

So we're on for a date after the new year to get bonded and wired. The best part is I'll get brackets on my lower 6 & 7's instead of bands so I won't need spacers. Pow. AND, I only have to click my way to 19 instead of 24. How ya like me now?

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Are you saying 19 more clicks on top of the already done 12? Or 19 in total? Hmm...I had to do 44, yes I said 44 turns for a total of 10MM. Also, is you top lip still numb? Mine was still numb at 3 weeks out and perhaps a litle longer.

chris k said...

Oh my gosh. No no 19 total. I am not worthy of your Gapness ;) As far as the numbness, I don't remember my top lip being numb at all. It definitely hasn't been in the last week and a half. Guess I fared better than some. Tough break Michelle.

Michelle said...

You are just full of good news! Congrats! I only did like 26 turns, Michelle wins the prize there.
Hey, take care and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Shontelly said...

44 turns michelle dawg??! Holy crap that's a lot. 19 isn't bad AT ALL Chris. Good for you! I was at 26.

Michelle said...

My bad it was actually 40, this DOES include the "IN SURGERY" turns, so that may be the difference. I expanded the HIRAX 10mm, the max expansion possible with the HIRAX was 11mm. So do I still win the prize??? HEHE
Cant wait to see more pics Chris!
Keep on clickin'

Graham said...

Way to go man, you're kicking ass with this! If you healed fast from this then you'll likely do the same for any future surgery. Keep on givin' er! (ps. I did 33 turns.)

Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

Hey Chris, thanks for stopping over at my blog...

I'm not sure but I think you win on this one....you're expanding it yourself? Geez! I'm grateful that is one of the things they didn't have to do in my case.

BTW...guess who's able to talk now and make a little smile action?

Steph & Steve G said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!