Monday, November 12, 2007

Click!

How fun. I saw Dr.Tawfilis this morning for my first post-op visit and he showed me how to start opening this thing up. Not that complicated, just a mild formality really. He clicked me twice and honestly I couldn't feel a thing. I was expecting a lot more pressure with each turn but it just wasn't there. I can, however, see daylight through my front teeth. How cool! Progress! It's happening! I can't stop jumping around! The Chainsaw wanted me to do 2 turns in the morning and 2 at night. But Dr.Styrt said 1 in the morning and 1 at night. I feel like I could do 4 a day without a problem but we're gonna go with Dr.Styrt on this one because its the more conservative route I suppose. I dunno. I asked about the gummy movement and if my maxilla would get sucked back up as it heals and he said yes. It's just swollen and not scarified yet but that'll change during the "consolidation period," or the six weeks after expansion.

I'm so happy I've finally gotten to this point, where things are happening. In theater, sometimes you have days where you can work hard for 10 or 12 or 16 hours and at the end of the day the theater looks the same as at the beginning of the day. Other days you can have half a crew working only 8 hours and it feels like a different world when you lock up. We like those days.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL..I got a good chuckle at your readiness to do 4 a day. I got 3 turns on my first visit and I think it was the 3rd one that got me! Just wait fireball, give yourself a couple more and you will get the pressure you are looking for. Glad you are excited about the gap, there's more to come!!

Steph & Steve G said...

you are truly an example for us all!

Dezi said...

Thanks for your post. I have to have that on after upper jaw surgery and was wondering what it was like.